- Capital: Tehran
- Currency: Iranian Rials
- Language: Persian (Farsi)
- Major cities: Tehran, Shiraz, Yazd, Isfahan, Tabriz, Mashhad, Ahvaz, Kashan
- Voltage: 220
- Population: 75000000
Iran Tourist Visa
Listed as one of the most attractive tourism destinations all over the world, Iran welcomes to a large number of travelers each year. As an important component of your travel to Iran, the land of beauties, visa and the way how to get it is highly mentioned. This article is going explain you the whole needed information about Iran Visa process, the one you do require with no doubt.
Different Types of Iran Tourist Visa
Iran Tourist Visa can be issued by two major methods, one is the “ In Advance Visa” and the other is the “Airport Visa”. Each method is comprehensively explained within the below part:
- In Advance Visa:
In order to apply for this type of visa , an authorized Iranian Travel Company should support you within the whole process. The travel company can start the visa process by receiving a legible Passport scan in PDF format , a personal 3*4 cm photo with white background and the visa application form which should be filled by the client. After 10-14 working days, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will generate an authorization number of the visa and send to the travel company. The code means that the visa is issued and the client should refer to the collection point which has been declared through the application form in order to collect the visa.
Where is the collection point of Iran Tourist Visa?
It can be an Iranian consular or Embassy in the origin country that the client prefer to refer and collect the visa, or it can be one of the international Iranian Airports in Tehran, Shiraz, Isfahan, Tabriz and Mashhad.
How to collect the visa in the collection point?
The below documents should be provided to your collection point:
- Passport (must have more than 6 months of validity left)
- Application form
- 2-4 visa/passport size photos
- Proof of medical travel insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage)
- MFA Authorization Number
- Visa fee
Notice that the Visa Fee is something governmental and has nothing to do with the travel agency. The fee is not something equal for the whole nationalities, it varies from one nationality to another.
In Advance Iran Visa process for American, Canadian and British passport holders:
Not harder than the other nationalities, but a little bit more complicated than the other nationalities; the above mentioned passport holders should join a guided tour that the whole components of it are prefixed. The visa process of these nationalities takes longer than the other while they should provide a CV of themselves in addition to the whole ordinary documents.
In Advance Iran Tourist Visa validity Duration:
Please fill it by your own reliable information
- Upon Arrival Visa
As another method to obtain Iran Tourist Visa , the Upon Arrival visa is also available here in Iran but not for the whole nationalities. Except the passport holders of USA, UK, Canada, Colombia, Somalia, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India; the other nationalities are allowed to go through the airport visa.
The Upon Arrival visa can be issued in one of the international Iranian airports mentioned below:
- IKA: Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport
- THR: Mehrabad International Airport
- MHD: Mashhad International Airport
- SYZ: Shiraz International Airport
- TBZ: Tabriz International Airport
- ISF: Isfahan International Airport
- BND: Bandare Abbas Port.
- Shahid Bahonar Harbor, Bandare Abbas
- KIH: Kish international Airport
In order to go through the airport visa, the client should have the following documents:
- A confirmed return ticket
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity
- A photo (passport size) to be attached to the Iran visa application form.
- Visa fee, which is payable to the Iran Visa & Passport Office at the airport. Iran airport visa fee depends on the applicant’s nationality.
- Letter of invitation or hotel reservation voucher
- A travel insurance valid for Iran.
Although the Upon Arrival visa seems a simple method to obtain Iran Tourist Visa, it has some tips as following mentioned:
- Travelers who have been rejected for Iran visa previously will not receive Iran visa on arrival.
- Journalists and reporters on mission cannot get Iran visa on arrival.
- Iranian nationals holding other nationality’s passport are not allowed to get Iran visa on arrival.
- Iran visa on arrival is issued for tourist purposes only (ordinary passport). Diplomatic passport, official passports, etc. cannot apply for this type of Iran visa.
- 5% of rejection always exists. In case of any rejection, the client should return to the origin country.
Upon Arrival Iran Tourist Visa validity Duration:
Please fill it by your own reliable information
Iran Tourist Visa Extension process
There is no need to worry about how to extend Iran Tourist Visa, as it’s so cheap and quite easy. In general, In-advance visa can be extended at least for two times by its original duration. For example, a 30-day visa can be extended to 90 days; while the Airport Visa which is being issued for 30 days can’t be extended.
In order to extend the visa, you should refer to the Police Office of Foreign Aliens in the main Iranian cities including Tehran, Shiraz, Isfahan , Yazd, Mashhad and Tabriz.